Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Chance Dalton & Green are Gone In 2020.
(03-01-2020, 05:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Ram's high powered offense that we took Zac Taylor from didn't feature a lot of throwing to the TEs.  In the passing game, they tried to always have receivers at 3 levels of the defense.  They like to sharp shoot to the one in mid depth level to lull the deep coverage to sleep, then burn 'em with the deep ball.  Worked really well in 2018, when they had an outstanding OL, rushing attack, and everyone bought the play action fake.

Both of their TEs are good players, both sure handed receivers and excellent blockers, just not a lot of designed targets for them in that particular offense.  I'm thinking that the Drew Sample pick was basically play the same role that Tyler Higbee does with the Rams.  (Just not a 3nd round pick, with so many other, more serious needs..) 

Yeah, I get that but still, using TE's in the passing game is a trend now for the best teams. I would like us to lean that way 
more and use Mixon specifically in the passing game more. Plus we are paying Gio a lot of dough to not do much, have said
many times that we should put both Mixon and Gio in the game at the same time more as both are very good catching the
ball and can make Defenders miss and it makes us less predictable on Offense.

Sure hope Sample works out cause using a 2nd on him was a high pick if not.

(03-01-2020, 06:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Then why pay him like a player that does that?

It makes no sense to pay a WR elite money that isn't a focal point in the pass game. If you're worried that he can't do it then you've just made the argument that keeping him on a high dollar salary is, at best, extremely risky. At worst, incredibly stupid.

Yeah, I think we all want him to be elite. If not then they just overpaid.

Just don't force the ball to AJ is all I think Sunset is saying.

Dalton has forced it to him in the past resulting in bad instances.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good Chance Dalton & Green are Gone In 2020. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-01-2020, 07:25 PM