Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ESPN Saying Bengals to tag Green
(03-01-2020, 05:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I love AJ and I'm glad that he'll be a Bengal this year for sure (assuming that this tag story is real, which I also saw).

What I don't get is why AJ would be upset about the tag.  I can understand younger players because they want long-term security, but Green is going to be 32 by the time the season starts and has been injured the past two years, so does he really think any other team is going to offer him 18.5 million a year?  

I get it that he might want long-term security, but after he has been injured the past two seasons, I'd say getting 18.5 with a new young superstar qb throwing him the ball would be the best business move for him, especially with the probability of working out a long-term deal, because no other franchise will throw that kind of money at him.

A long-term deal should have clauses about staying healthy and bonuses based on performance, imco.

He might also be lying about his injuries to protect himself, same reason he said he wouldn't participate in OTAs/etc. if he was tagged. To protect himself.

Your last statement applies to Geno Atkins too, taking fewer snaps, why would he be paid more? His less snaps should result in a better performance than last year's more snaps, not the same. Even so, if the same, salary cut.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
ESPN Saying Bengals to tag Green - Luvnit2 - 03-01-2020, 04:07 PM
RE: ESPN Saying Bengals to tag Green - reuben.ahmed - 03-02-2020, 07:24 AM
RE: ESPN Saying Bengals to tag Green - CJD - 03-01-2020, 08:57 PM
RE: ESPN Saying Bengals to tag Green - 3wt - 03-02-2020, 04:31 PM