Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Front Office in Rebuild mode in 2020
(03-02-2020, 06:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I believe they are and it actually started last year.  They hired Taylor and a bunch of new coaches.  This year, they are prepared to move on from Dalton and will likely move on from Cordy Glenn.  Those were two "cornerstones" just two seasons ago.  

The real question isn't so much about a rebuild, as that implies "going younger" and not just different, but will they make a couple FA moves to shore up the defense and offensive line before the draft.  How far will they go?  If I had to guess, they will go after at least ONE FA that will make us have more optimism about the upcoming season.   I have no idea who that player will be, but I would love to see something surprising like Jadeveon Clowney.

Before everyone laughs, how many of us have said at one time:  "Wouldn't it be great to get both Chase Young AND Joe Burrow?"  Well, essentially, the Bengals could do that.  I think every single one of us would find a way to live without Dre for Clowney, and I would also go so far as to say that the TEAM would be more improved than if they signed a FA Guard like Thuney or Scherff.  If they had to pay Clowney close to $20 million per year (I would make it incentive-laden to reach that amount, but that is what most players want the rest of the world to hear:  the potential top dollar), that is only 7-8 million more per year than those guards, and that money could come from Dre.  ALL the secondary would benefit from a pass rush that would include Clowney lining up all over the line.

Sign Clowney and a guy like Kendall Fuller for depth at CB, cut Dre, Glenn, and trade Dalton and this would be more than a rebuild, it would be a transformation.  

I agree, we have a chance to be overly aggressive in FA if we cut/trade the right guys. Great post.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Front Office in Rebuild mode in 2020 - Luvnit2 - 03-02-2020, 11:56 AM