Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Does Bernie Know Dems Need A Miracle?
(03-04-2020, 02:58 AM)J24 Wrote: Bernie has a Better chance than Biden to win but neither have a good chance at winning. 2024 will be more interesting election because neither party has a clear front runner to be the candidate.

I don't know what's going to happen in 2024. 

Maybe Elizabeth gives it another try, but I think Biden and Bernie are done (assuming Trump wins re-election). 

I suppose Pete can give it another try, but I just don't see him ever winning the presidency. His main form of communication is platitudes and "elegant" speak with absolutely no substance to it. That may have worked in the 90s or early 2000s, but I can't imagine it working in the 2020s. In order to drive support to the polls nowadays you have to actually stand for something.
Or you have to be associated with Obama.

I could see Stacey Abrams and AOC running. I'm not sure how they'll do in a nationwide arena, but it'll definitely be fun to watch. But overall, you're right that we have no slam dunk candidate in 2024.

As for who the Republicans are running, there's three schools of thought that I've seen:

1. Nikki Haley
 I'd never heard of her before she resigned from her position as Ambassador to the UN, but apparently Republicans, especially Never Trumpers, love her...I don't know why, exactly, but the most noteworthy position she's seemed to take (based on a quick googling) is to remove the confederate flag from the South Carolina state house which is nice...unfortunately she didn't do it because she opposed the southern glorification of traitors but rather because Dylann Roof "hijacked" the ode to racism for...his own ode to racism, I guess? Not a super hot take, but for a Republican it's at least a start...

2. Donald Trump Jr.
This one I have a harder time believing. His father is at least witty, brutal and effective in his critiques of America and the media. Jr. is like a cheap knockoff of his father and is somehow even dumber. But if you're looking for a place to channel your sick cultism for the Trump brand, I guess DJTJ is where Trumpists will be forced to go...

3. Mike Pence
This one I find kind of laughable, but a lot of people have polled that this is their pick for the next election. I find it hard to believe it possible to get a religious radical in the White House, but then again...if Trump can win, anybody can.

It's gonna be a long decade...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Bernie Know Dems Need A Miracle? - CJD - 03-04-2020, 08:58 AM