Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Bobby Hart had a very good season in 2019.
(02-27-2020, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: PFF keeps track of some interesting stats, but their individual player rankings are useless.  And I am sure his run block stats look below average unless you can get splits separating the first half of the season from the second.

Pressures allowed is a very important stat.  Football Outsiders tallies "blown blocks" on both run plays and pass plays.  On pass plays they include all blown blocks that lead to a sack, pressure, hurry, holding penalty, or QB hit.  But I won't have the numbers until they release their almanac in June.

The stat I would really like to see is the NextGen "Pass blocking win percentage".  It uses the GPS tracking devices on the individual players to determine when a pass rusher gets closer to the QB than the pass blocker.  The split is 2.5 seconds.  The blocker wins if he holds his block longer.  The rusher wins if he gets by the blocker before that.  Unfortunately all I can find is the top ten for OTs and Hart is not among them.

I like the thread and your balanced analysis of the stats on hand Fred.

Thanks
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bobby Hart had a very good season in 2019. - 3wt - 03-04-2020, 03:47 PM