Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Does Bernie Know Dems Need A Miracle?
(03-04-2020, 02:41 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Therefore, it is BEYOND a no-brainer, to side with the person who WILL tax more (a paltry amount at that), for getting something as fantastic as free healthcare; I know it's (again) not black and white like this, but come on.

Americans spend so frivolously (from a household, all the way up to the government), it's no wonder why the country is teeming with debt; you know how much more savings/investing I could do with that much extra money from taxes? Hell, even if I spent half of it on a nice vacation for my wife and I, that's STILL $4,000.00. With the money saved from free healthcare (thousands a year for many Americans, if not more), think of how much more money will be injected into the economy, instead of Big Pharma and other related corporations!

Not to mention, all the money spent on those drugs that you guys spend on down there, would be curbed significantly, as people will get seen and treated, instead of having pharmaceuticals thrown at them because they can't afford treatment.

LOL every American conservative knows a guy whose Canadian friend came to the US to get medical service because the system there is so bad.

I agree with your basic premise here. But Americans, as a group, will prefer to pay $5,000 in taxes and $10,000 in private insurance rather than $8,000 in taxes and $2,000 on health care.  This makes sense to Americans because the first option offers lower taxes.

The only thing standing between us and tax-based, big government health care are private insurance companies/hospitals who find ever more innovative ways to offer "free choice" in a range of progressively priced options.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Bernie Know Dems Need A Miracle? - Dill - 03-04-2020, 03:56 PM