Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals #1 Pick QB Comparison Palmer versus Burrow
(03-04-2020, 07:55 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Ludicrous comparison.
Palmer was a pro making millions a year and in the NFL when he quit on the Bengals while under contract.
Burrow was a 20 year old college kid trying to get in the NFL and playing behind Haskins and Barrett with no chance to ever play in a meaningful game.
Transferring is exactly what he should have done and no blame attached to him.

I don't have a dog in this fight... I'm not in full man crush mode with Burrow, and I'm so over Palmer... But...

The comparison isn't that far off. Palmer, like all pro athletes had a goal of winning a championship. He had early success, and then toughed out some disappointing seasons. He went to management with many of the same complaints we have, and Mike Brown twiddled his thumbs. It wasn't about money... It was about being able to compete. Joe wanted to compete too. As much as I love Urban Meyer, he's loyal to his guys to a fault. Joe wasn't gonna get that opportunity, and neither was Carson. They moved on. The difference was Urban Meyer didn't and couldn't hold Joe hostage like Mike Brown did Carson.

It worked out well for everyone. The Bengals got similar production from Andy for less money. They could keep AJ, Carlos, Geno, Vontaze... Carson moved on and had some success... And now we have a shot at the best prospect since Luck.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals #1 Pick QB Comparison Palmer versus Burrow - jason - 03-05-2020, 11:30 AM