Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals #1 Pick QB Comparison Palmer versus Burrow
I have seen a lot of interesting responses in this thread. Thanks for keeping it on point for the most part.

I think most say both Palmer and Burrow coming out of college deserved to be overall #1 picks even though both were late bloomers result wise in college. It also appears most agree they have similar skill sets physically. Mentally in my opinion Palmer lacks loyalty and team first mentality by his actions. He accepted a huge signing bonus to stay a Bengal a long time, then quit and kept the signing bonus which to me was a douche bag move.

As far as Burrow, we do not know how he will respond in adversity yet. Palmer was on his way to a great career and then suffered a horrific injury that changed his ability forever, it also changed the make up of this franchise. Hate to play what ifs, but I do believe we beat the Steeler's if Palmer and Henry do not go down on the same play. We win that game and it could have spring boarded the franchise and Palmer to greatness.

My take is I hope Burrow will be a little better than 2005 Palmer as a QB and a whole let better as a man of character. I hope he leaves the theatrics alone, Palmer could have easily taken the high road by saying nothing so it is on him bringing back the feelings of hatred towards CP the man. Personally I think CP is upset Dalton in the end was a better Bengal QB so he is jealous of AD.

I see Burrow as a low risk option for a franchise QB, something a team rarely gets an opportunity at in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals #1 Pick QB Comparison Palmer versus Burrow - Luvnit2 - 03-05-2020, 03:46 PM