Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teams with multiple picks in Rd 2-3
(03-05-2020, 04:04 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I think that Chicago is one of the places that Dalton could outright win the starting job as Trubisky clearly lost his confidence last year as everyone could see. But, I don't think Chicago would give up one of their 2nd rounders for him. It's too steep of a price. Last year, Flacco was only traded for a 4th Rounder. And, there's too many free agent QBs to choose from this year.

Also, no one is talking about Miami. Dalton would be a better transition QB than Fitz b/c he doesn't turn the ball over as much. He hits his reads most of the time. And, whomever Miami gets in this draft will not be able to start right away. Dalton is the perfect bridge QB and Miami has the ammo to give us a high 3rd round pick.

In regards to the 2nd round, Jeremiah just did his updated Round 1 Mock after the Combine and Epenesa was still there at pick #33. Same thing for Davidson from Auburn. I'd love for them or someone like QB Eason to be sitting there for anyone still needing that pass rusher/QB such as Atlanta specifically. They have picks 47 and 55 and 78 in the 3rd round. And, if Eason is still on the board there's a team loving his arm I'm sure such as Indy, Miami, NE, Raiders who all have multiple picks in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. So, it should be interesting.

I hope that the Bengals can Trade Dalton for at least a 3rd if we can get it. And Trade down in the 2nd and 4th Rounds at the start of each new day of the draft and get additional picks b/c this draft is loaded with Talent. You can get a starting or rotational WR in the 5th round of the draft. All Positions seem to be deep this year except maybe TE, so it's a great time for the Bengals to get 1st picks in every round.

Fitzpatrick isn't that far off from Dalton to justify Dalton's more-than-double salary compared to Fitzpatrick ($17.8 mill vs $8 mill).
The Dolphins would also have to eat $4 mill in dead cap if they decided to move on from Fitzpatrick, basically putting the hit to $21.8 mill.
Then add in a pick on top of that additional salary? No way I'd do that.

I really don't see Dalton doing well on a team that needs so many pieces to compete.
He'd be better off in Indy or Chicago.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teams with multiple picks in Rd 2-3 - ochocincos - 03-05-2020, 04:27 PM