Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's insanity! The war on Christianity......
(10-14-2015, 11:52 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: It depends on the area you are in. In the rural areas around where I live, I wouldn't see it happening. In the school I went to which is more urban, it absolutely happened. Students that wore their faith in the open were rare. Most would identify as Christian, but a minority would do so in an open manner. And if those that did hung out with kids that were assholes (like I was in my youth) then they could end up being bullied because of their faith.

(10-14-2015, 11:54 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, it happened to me when I was a kid (I lived in a high Jewish area during my high school years) and it happened to my oldest daughter as well (in KY no less) so it does happen.

Yep, it's all dependent on where you live. I was shamed for not being a Christian by my high school English teacher in front of my entire class as a senior. It was quite ridiculous. I've been a big fan of black and death metal for a lot of my life, and their band shirts often have anti-religious graphics, quotes, and whatnot. I was just really into the bands, it's not like I was running through the halls lighting Christians on fire and chucking bibles through the windows.

While I understand the technical definition of "persecution", I, much like you, wouldn't call it that because that just makes it seem so much worse than it was in reality. In a discussion like this one though, shouldn't we ignore the semantics and actually argue over the premise of the "understood" meaning when somebody is talking about religious persecution?

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's insanity! The war on Christianity...... - djs7685 - 10-14-2015, 12:03 PM