Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip
(03-04-2020, 08:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: No you didn't.

Figures.

LOL Yes I did, it was clear in what you pasted why they were there.
What I'm talking about is how much you complain about them staying at their own hotels when they didn't this time and yet you still found something to complain about.

The Strike through? Next time just put your fingers in your ears and yell "LALALALALALA"  it's on the same level.

Did you bother to check out the Grand Hotel in Punta Del Este where they stayed? Sure, It's a 5 Star hotel (hint Luxury in the article), but I can book a room for about $110 per night right now for a week, so it's not much more than staying at a Holiday Inn here (probably a little cheaper). The next closest place they could stay at was a $23 Hostel and that's not happening cause I wouldn't stay there either. All other hotels were several blocks away from where they wanted to be. Again, making it easier on the SS to monitor for travel back and forth to the Estate to Hotel.

Also check this site:
https://www.citizensforethics.org/eric-trump-business-trip-urugay-80k/

It shows the invoice. All of that money that the SS spent, nothing to do with Eric's lodgings. And why wouldn't Eric not pay for his own? it's a Business Expense and Tax Write-Off for his company. You know, don't want to make too much profit else pay more taxes. Duh.

(03-05-2020, 12:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You’re apparently incapable of addressing my points than 1) they don’t have to accept it, 2) they don’t have to pick overly expensive locations, and 3) they can cover the cost of these overly expensive locations.

The fact that they are entitled to something doesn’t answer the question of “should they abuse it?”

Let's go slower here:

1: They don't have to accept it? No they don't but as immediate children of the current POTUS they are granted SS protection, and as I said, that's very vital when they travel over seas and for the welfare and safety of the First Family and not allow for things to happen to them that would compromise the POTUS.

2: Maybe they didn't pick, maybe the SS picked. You know shortest route back and forth to monitor than a longer one that might require even more people active? Who knows, but the cost of the Hotel was not exorbitant price like the article suggests.

3: You still haven't shown proof that they didn't pay for their personal lodgings. No worries, I took care of it.

(03-05-2020, 04:43 AM)Benton Wrote: Well... Yeah, I do expect him to.

He's not serving on the Monkey's Eyebrow city council. He's the POTUS. That's his job. I expect him to not have a side gig . 

As far as Obama and the majority, he did. Unfortunately, he wasted most of his time trying to get Republicans to take part in healthcare reform. They said sure... Then drug their feet until the Dems just rammed through something they thought would appease (and not get repealed) everybody, since it was an old republican plan.

Obama didn't do a lot, but he didn't screw up a lot of things either . He was basically Bush Lite.

Understood, but Trump is not a career politician so his mindset is not the same. And you can not expect him to never get any updates about his businesses as well. He's just not officially handling them.

Now if you want to complain about that, then let's ask Arnold why he made movies while he was Governor of California? Shouldn't same rules apply to him and his "outside" businesses?

(03-05-2020, 12:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: How can anyone care about the 100's of millions Trumps kids have made (and tax payers have paid for them) off of his Presidency in these 3 years when Hunter Biden was paid 1 million to sit on a board for 2 years.

Do you have any proof of what you're talking about or just making stuff up to fit your agenda?

SS's spending has been more than Obama's on Trump's watch, but Trump also has a bigger family and Adult children that have been granted SS protection, so it's par for the course so to speak.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip - Mike M (the other one) - 03-05-2020, 09:15 PM