Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals #1 Pick QB Comparison Palmer versus Burrow
(03-05-2020, 11:30 AM)jason Wrote: I don't have a dog in this fight... I'm not in full man crush mode with Burrow, and I'm so over Palmer... But...

The comparison isn't that far off. Palmer, like all pro athletes had a goal of winning a championship. He had early success, and then toughed out some disappointing seasons. He went to management with many of the same complaints we have, and Mike Brown twiddled his thumbs. It wasn't about money... It was about being able to compete. Joe wanted to compete too. As much as I love Urban Meyer, he's loyal to his guys to a fault. Joe wasn't gonna get that opportunity, and neither was Carson. They moved on. The difference was Urban Meyer didn't and couldn't hold Joe hostage like Mike Brown did Carson.

It worked out well for everyone. The Bengals got similar production from Andy for less money. They could keep AJ, Carlos, Geno, Vontaze... Carson moved on and had some success... And now we have a shot at the best prospect since Luck.

I disagree that Carson wasn't going to get the opportunity.  AJ Green was drafted the year Carson left.  Zimmer was already there building the defense.  The five consecutive years of going to the playoffs was coming.  Mike Brown was building up the team, but Carson left.  I'm no fan of Mike Brown, but we obviously went to the playoffs five straight years after Carson left, and he may have made a difference. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals #1 Pick QB Comparison Palmer versus Burrow - BonnieBengal - 03-06-2020, 06:48 AM