Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip
(03-05-2020, 12:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You’re apparently incapable of addressing my points than 1) they don’t have to accept it, 2) they don’t have to pick overly expensive locations, and 3) they can cover the cost of these overly expensive locations.

The fact that they are entitled to something doesn’t answer the question of “should they abuse it?”

It's not really clear here who is abusing what. First the link I provided, clearly shows this is an INTERNAL SS foreign travel expense form. Which means it was filled out by the SS involved, not Eric.  And these guys are not itemizing anything (is their hooker costs included in that?). So for 2 days stay at the Grand Hotel and put up a bill like that,  I'm questioning what all is in that Lodging charge, cause I already looked up the costs at that Hotel and it's not that costly, also I'd like to know how many SS agents were there, flight costs etc.  Just too much missing information for me to come to the conclusion that you have.

You got your little negative Trump click bait and ran with it.  

(03-05-2020, 09:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm not looking into the details, but it wouldn't include their salaries if these were funds paid to the Trump Organization.

I agree it shouldn't, but since you are an accountant, I would expect that you would also be interested in the details. You should know how these things work more than most. The Per Diems for each and the number of agents involved etc.

One thing I will point out, there is no way that there is only 1 three bedroom place involved.  If you believe that, then you're not being very bright. and just running with anything you can find that's even slightly negative because of your disdain for Trump. I can not find anywhere where it tells me how many SS agents are with the POTUS at any given time.  I'm guessing at least 20 (most likely more) are involved. Maybe you can have better luck finding that number than me.

Let's do some math (let me know if you have a problem with it).
The link says $34k per month so x12=$408k for a year
$408k/365 (days in a year) =$1,117 per day
$1,1117/$50 (that's what Trump says he charges) = 22.3 agents per day.

22 agents and I was guessing at least 20. I don't know about you, but that seems right in line with what I was guessing, what do you think? that's also not including the food for them and extras for travel etc, just straight up lodging.

Of course they are not there ALL the time, but they need to keep those certain rooms reserved for when they are there. It would be a major security issue if they had to keep switching rooms constantly and couldn't get ones close tot he POTUS.

(03-06-2020, 12:43 AM)Benton Wrote: As far as the salary, the link says in lodging fees.

So that would be lodging. Salary would be on top of that. 

So well over a million by the time you includes salaries, transport costs, etc. Mostly to play golf or sell property.

See what I posted above:

(03-06-2020, 09:40 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Even with you going "slower", you failed to address the point. It's shocking.

Also, what does Eric and Don Jr's personal lodging have to do with excessive SS lodging fees? Why do I have to show proof that they didn't pay their personal lodging fee if I never claimed that they didn't? That's a straw-man argument. Obsessing over something I never brought up further demonstrates that you're unwilling to address my point. 

What's more shocking is that I clearly stated this was not filled out and submitted by Eric Trump, it was an internal SS expense report, and since they didn't stay at a Trump hotel, not one single penny is going into any of the Trumps pocket. So exactly how does your original question even matter? Who is abusing this the SS? or are they really lumping all expenses into one simple report instead of itemizing it like they should?

Round trip (business class) is about 4-5k per agent, but we don't know the number of agents involved or the travel arrangements etc.  So if there was 6 agents, then the travel is 24-30k of that money...

(03-06-2020, 09:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'll go with the old standby that they made Jimmy Carter sell his peanut farm and leave that some people trust Trump ( Mellow) to not use his office to "enhance" his personal business and business deals while in office.

Just like when he made a big show of claiming he was leaving it all to Beavis and Butthead to run with all the blank pieces of paper in folders.

Honestly anyone who says they believe Trump or trust him should have their heads examined.  That the definition of delusion.

Oh and how did that work out? He put it in blind trust and signed it over to... His mom and Brother...
His brother got in trouble for accepting money from outsiders, when all was said and done, at the end of his Presidency, his farm was $1 mil in debt, and he had to write books to get back to even cause his family screwed him over (mainly his brother-Billy). So that didn't work out to well for him.

And I have never said I trust or believe everything Trump says, he's gonna play just as much as anyone else does.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip - Mike M (the other one) - 03-06-2020, 02:37 PM