Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip
(03-06-2020, 02:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Oh I agree plenty of room for abuse, but can't pin it all on Trump if the SS is not filling out the paperwork correctly, maybe they are hiding those pesky hooker costs that they can't get receipts for.

No issues with this, and I do not like everything that Trump does, and will not defend those things that I don't like, but in this case, I just want to get the details so that we can figure out if the criticism is deserved or not. So far I don't see to much in what we are currently talking about in regards to Trump abusing it, I see it more as the SS not filling out the forms with details, and lumping too much into one expense. That's not on Trump, that's on the SS agents involved.

I am going to look into what JS posted and start rummaging around there.

Eric could actually only charge the government for housekeeping as he said he would rather than force them to pay the maximum allowed by law. Trump could stop taking constant expensive trips that require that the secret service pay him for the trip. There's a free facility an hour away for weekend vacation. There are free facilities in DC to host foreign guests. Trump could stop the practice of golfing at far greater rates than his predecessors. He could stop the practice of traveling to a Trump property on average every 3 days. 

The Secret Service is filing the paperwork, but the cost is 100% decided on by the Trumps, the requirement for the trips to Trump properties with no ability to price shop is 100% in control of Trump, and those in charge of the department controlling the paperwork are ultimately political appointees of Trump. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip - BmorePat87 - 03-06-2020, 04:23 PM