Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Does Bernie Know Dems Need A Miracle?
(02-27-2020, 05:19 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: [*]Anyways, it's vastly an unknown number because no one wants to truly research it because it would probably give many USC's a heart attack lol.  My guess is it's double the 54B ($108B). and half what Trump said, (274B) 137B, some where in that range.

(02-27-2020, 06:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I don't want to believe it because the numbers are bullshit.

There are currently over 15.5 million high school students.  The average cost of a year of college (in-state tuition at state school not private) is $9,700.  

That works out to over $600 BILLION for 4 years.  Care to show me how the United States spends $600 billion per year on "illegals"?
[*]

Uhm….. 600B for 4 years is 150B per year... are you using Bernie math?

Speaking of Numbers..
About 3.7 million students are expected to graduate from high school during the 2019–20 school year, including 3.3 million students from public schools and 0.3 million from private schools (source).

Your number includes grades 9-12, but I'll play with that number and use it as the number of kids that have graduated and moved on to college for a total of 4 years, make sense? So instead of using my 3.7 mil number x 4, i'll just use yours since it's higher).

Not everyone will go to a 4 year college, some will go to a 2 year college and others not at all.

So moving on:
If it's Federally run, then Out of State becomes meaningless if you are a USC.
Since it is also Federally mandated, you can mandate the maximum and if colleges exceed this, then it's up to the student to pay the difference.
In this way, the Ivy Schools could still stay elite, but they will accept the gov mandated money and it's up to them to figure out a way to make up the difference.

And I see no need for it to keep going up every year, when we are starting to have more and more teachers teach from online and via pre-recorded videos.

So set it at $7k per year, with 15.3 (4 years of students enrolled at once) million students, it's $107B/Year. (even at 9.7k it's still only $143B
and as I've said, about the illegals, the medical costs, schooling of the children born in the US etc, I believed that annual amount to be right around 137B (on the high end).

If it runs short, then you could gain funds from the military side. 0.01% or however much is needed. If it's overage, then you leave it alone and save it for the next year and keep rolling over. IOU"s not allowed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Bernie Know Dems Need A Miracle? - Mike M (the other one) - 03-06-2020, 04:59 PM