Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip
(03-06-2020, 04:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If Eric and Don Jr are choosing expensive locations and choosing to have the secret service tag along, they are choosing to have the secret service need to pay for lodging at said expensive locations. Compound this with the fact that they are not cutting deals for the government when it stays at Trump properties and you have a family making the tax payer pay a premium for their lifestyle and getting money back into their pockets on the other end. 

Accepting a government benefit while knowing it will cost the tax payers an unnecessary amount that the taxpayers cannot control is absolutely abusive. 

Pushing it all off on hookers isn't a rational defense of this practice. 

Expensive locations? The Grand Hotel wasn't expensive and it was a block away from where they needed to be.
Of course the SS is optional for Adult children, but be honest, if it was your kids and they were going to a foreign country, would you want yours protected or not? I think many parents would chose Yes to that question.

Why they are going has no bearing on that decision.

As I pointed out, the SS is doing a terrible job with the paperwork and it's causing trouble. Do you agree with that?

(03-06-2020, 04:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Caught?  Please.  Like that would matter.

Yeah, very easy for me to say that if you want to be the POTUS you stop doing business.  Period.

You don't want that?  Don't try to POTUS.

"Fair".

But congrats for bringing up Obama.  That is not usually how someone defends Trump.  Mellow

LOL TBH, I am not so sure Trump thought he would actually win against Hillary. I mean everyone and their mother said he would lose.
Initially he was going to do a blind trust, but once he found out exactly how "Blind" the trust actually is, he decided not to do that and seek an alternative to that.

We can argue all day, all I can say is if he's doing something wrong and caught, then that would be grounds for impeachment correct? So until there is actual proof, we can ***** and moan about it back and forth all day, all year long.

(03-06-2020, 04:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Eric could actually only charge the government for housekeeping as he said he would rather than force them to pay the maximum allowed by law. Trump could stop taking constant expensive trips that require that the secret service pay him for the trip. There's a free facility an hour away for weekend vacation. There are free facilities in DC to host foreign guests. Trump could stop the practice of golfing at far greater rates than his predecessors. He could stop the practice of traveling to a Trump property on average every 3 days. 

The Secret Service is filing the paperwork, but the cost is 100% decided on by the Trumps, the requirement for the trips to Trump properties with no ability to price shop is 100% in control of Trump, and those in charge of the department controlling the paperwork are ultimately political appointees of Trump. 

Sure there's lots of things he could do so save money. Why don't we all stay home on the weekends and eat Ramen Noodles instead of going out and save lots of money? Because that's not how we are wired. We do things we enjoy. In Trump's case being at his personal home and golfing, and his home has plenty of space for guests.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip - Mike M (the other one) - 03-06-2020, 05:55 PM