Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRacerX Bully no Burrow draft
(03-06-2020, 01:13 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Big surprise that I, the bus driver of the Joe Burrow Fan Club, would take a trade, but Jax was doing what we all feared Miami would do:  Something stupid.   They switched first rounders (1 for 9) gave #20 overall, and their first round pick for 2021, which could end up being #1 overall (Trevor Lawrence?) judging by the way people are leaving Jax and they are giving up their draft equity.

Round 1 Pick 9 (JAX): Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon (A+):  Not my fav prospect, but prototype size and strength.  Good mobility for such a big guy.  

Round 1 Pick 20 (JAX): Patrick Queen, ILB, LSU (A-):  Speedy enforcer in the middle of the defense.

Round 2 Pick 1: Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (A):  A steal here...outstanding Day 1 starter.

Round 3 Pick 1: Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (B+):  After the combine, should have shot way up.  He is the big, versatile WR we need to move the chains while Ross takes the top off the defense.  Strong and reliable with surprising speed.

Round 4 Pick 1: Jeremy Chinn, FS/SS, Southern Illinois (B-):  Small school freak athlete.  Love his playmaking ability.  I called this the "bully draft".  This guy, with Queen, and Diggs are forming a bully squad at the back end of the defense.  

Round 5 Pick 1: Tanner Muse, SS/FS, Clemson ©:  C?  This guy is an amazing athlete that made plays at Safety for the #1 defense in the NCAA.  He is going to play cover LB for the Bengals.  Love his passion, football IQ, and is a steal here.

Round 6 Pick 1: Kendrick Rogers, WR, Texas A&M (A+):  Huge upside that is very raw coming from a pathetic offense with horrible QB play.  He could be a diamond in the rough.  Quality depth.

Round 7 Pick 1: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (A+):  Every mock will have him in the 7th round until he isn't there.  

I know some folks will be pissed that I didn't get the G or DE/DT, but I look at the team as it is constructed right now, and the only way they move MJ or Miller out of the OG spots is by an elite FA.  Ditto the tackle spots.  There simply weren't quality prospects after Rd 2 that were worth the high pick.

I also look at the DE and DT spots on the team already and could see them as potentially much more impactful with better coverage behind them.

I also have two first round picks next year, and the Jax 2021 pick could be a HUGE pick.  

I hated to lose Burrow, but in the end, this was too good to pass up.

Almost get behind this,
Grab Hurts and we have a good draft! Keep Dalton and use him as a mid season trade and this gives us a chance to get Hurts going.

I know it seems crazy, but people keep passing on Hurts, I really think once he settles down more and becomes more patient on his WR's he will be very good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
SHRacerX Bully no Burrow draft - SHRacerX - 03-06-2020, 01:13 PM
SHRacerX Bully no Burrow draft - BenZoo2 - 03-06-2020, 01:38 PM
SHRacerX Bully no Burrow draft - BenZoo2 - 03-06-2020, 03:35 PM
RE: SHRacerX Bully no Burrow draft - Mike M (the other one) - 03-06-2020, 07:03 PM