Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PFF on draft success '06-'16
(03-09-2020, 10:56 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Those times are nice and all. But his play on Sundays told me 
The game was too big for him. He was over matched. His play was underwhelming 
Follow me here Fred 
When a new coach comes in with new coaches under him...it's imperative that in that 1st draft they hit on as many draft picks 
As they can in order to right the ship again 
Marvin's 1st draft was very instrumental in getting the Bengals 
A relevant franchise 
Zac Taylors 1st was a colassial failure 
And drafting Sample in Rd 2 is a "Sample" of that failure 
If Sample was a 7th RD pick you can live with non productive 
Rookie year 
But when you are a franchise that builds its roster through the 
Draft with sprinkles of free agent signing 
You cant afford to swing and miss on 2nd RD picks 
TE was not a position that needed to be addressed in RD 2.
Sample wasnt even a dominant pass catcher in college 
With Carter Uzomah in front of him where is Sample going to get playing time ? ( I didn't even bring up Eifert if he returns )
Face it Fred Sample sucks at this point 
Every team whiffs on high draft picks ....even the Bengals 

Who's Fred Sample? Lol jk... I pretty much agree here with the Sample pick. It seemed sort of ok when they talked about him being a great blocking TE, etc, but overall he was a huge reach we could've gotten later. The little he played he didnt block good or didnt do much really. Maybe he could step up and improve, but you are pretty much right about Zac's first draft being a failure, at least in his 1st season. I can see Jonah, Jordan and Pratt shifting the balance scale a bit over the next year or 2, maybe even one of those RBs, but the Sample thing is pretty underwhelming and he looks more like a head scratcher so far.

Ive thought the whole time that this is the offseason that is going to really say a lot about our coaches. Waiting for Zac to coach in the SB was a big setback. Hardly any time to learn what we have, what we need and put together an offseason scouting plan. Lou walked in just in time to sign and leave for the combine. There are no excuses this year though. They know what we have and what we need. This offseason could define the team for many years either way. I hope they hit a home run. Staring at Burrow in the 1st is pretty damn encouraging.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
PFF on draft success '06-'16 - fredtoast - 03-09-2020, 06:45 PM
RE: PFF on draft success '06-'16 - CJD - 03-09-2020, 07:37 PM
RE: PFF on draft success '06-'16 - CJD - 03-09-2020, 08:04 PM
RE: PFF on draft success '06-'16 - bengaloo - 03-09-2020, 11:40 PM
RE: PFF on draft success '06-'16 - CJD - 03-10-2020, 01:55 PM
RE: PFF on draft success '06-'16 - Ravage - 03-10-2020, 08:02 PM
RE: PFF on draft success '06-'16 - Destro - 03-10-2020, 01:36 PM
RE: PFF on draft success '06-'16 - corpjet - 03-11-2020, 09:31 AM