Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's insanity! The war on Christianity......
(10-14-2015, 01:51 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Umm.. No. Not really. Not when we're talking about allegedly divinely inspired documents. If God (through human writers) is telling you something will happen to you, then it must happen to you; otherwise God was wrong. Thus the reason fundamentalist Christians look for "persecution" complaints anywhere they can find them. It is part of their need to confirm the reality of their beliefs to themselves.

Not necessarily. We discussed in another thread some time ago about the difference between inherent and total omniscience. Not to mention the writers being men, as well as the translators. They are all fallible. But...

(10-14-2015, 01:51 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Now, you mention historical context, and seem to be leaving the door open that the numerous verses foreseeing persecution for anybody who follows Christ were addressing only specific Christians at specific moments in time. Which is all good and well, and which is why I specifically said fundamentalist Christians  need "persecution" to be happening to them. I qualified it that way because I realize not all Christians in America are fundamentalists.

...of course if we are talking about fundamentalists then there is a whole other ball game.

Maybe their need for persecution is a self-fulfilling prophecy? They need to be persecuted, so some of them act bat shit crazy, to cause the persecution.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's insanity! The war on Christianity...... - Belsnickel - 10-14-2015, 02:03 PM