Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrats Get To Choose Between.......
(03-11-2020, 02:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: I was being facetious, I know some do however we seemed to disregard those things last election cycle. It appears we are about to do it again here with the democratic nominee as even those former opponents backing Biden appear to not care about his history on topics they claimed to be very devoted to. 

I knew you were being facetious, I just chose to respond with despondence XD. It seems the average voter just doesn't worry about such things. Whoever the DNC tells them is best, they'll vote for them. 

We did it with Hillary and now we're doing it with Biden. It's very disheartening. It makes you realize that these politicians aren't really for or against issues so much as they are "to a relative scale, more interested in them than the establishment" but not to the point that they would ever defy the establishment in order to get them resolved (again, a reason I love Bernie is he does not subscribe to this form of politicking.) 

It's just sad that, when it comes to Democrats, they only seem to fall in line when it comes to dealing with the left. When they are dealing with the right, like Mitch McConnell, they seem to be endlessly "cooperative"...hell, it's one of Biden's speaking points. He can "compromise" and "reach across the aisle" with the right (mostly by doing exactly what they want him to do), but adamantly intransigent towards the left.

It really makes me feel like the Democratic party is actually a right wing party and there is no left wing party in this country.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats Get To Choose Between....... - CJD - 03-11-2020, 02:28 PM