Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip
(03-11-2020, 07:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: *sighs
Believe what you want. Votes show they are no different when it comes to toeing the line for their own party members.
That is my point.

My answer acknowledged your point--and explained why "toeing the line" is incomparable when the violation is incomparable.

If a jury acquitted a politician who admitted he was guilty of resisting arrest that would hardly establish the same degree of "line toeing" as acquitting a politician who refused to admit guilt in rigging an election and used his power of office to keep evidence thereof out of court--even if the jury vote were the same in each instance.

Vote tallies don't make the crimes equivalent, nor do they establish equal willingness to look past criminality. Yet that is basically your argument. "Votes show they are no different" etc. That's not what votes show, if impeachment articles reveal a vast difference between lying about a private liaison and abusing presidential power and obstructing investigation into that abuse--especially a day after the perp is tagged for the most egregious obstruction in another national security case. Let me repeat that--a NATIONAL SECURITY case.

And there are myriad other reasons for believing that Democrats, as voters or in Congress, won't "toe the line" to protect a politician who abuses power of office or breaches ethical norms to the degree Trump has. But every reason now to believe that T-Partiers, as voters or in Congress, would toe the line to protect Trump.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eric Trump Billed Taxpayers $80K for Two-Day Business Trip - Dill - 03-11-2020, 08:44 PM