Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's insanity! The war on Christianity......
(10-14-2015, 02:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not necessarily. We discussed in another thread some time ago about the difference between inherent and total omniscience. Not to mention the writers being men, as well as the translators. They are all fallible. But...

...of course if we are talking about fundamentalists then there is a whole other ball game.

Maybe their need for persecution is a self-fulfilling prophecy? They need to be persecuted, so some of them act bat shit crazy, to cause the persecution.

Well, I'm not gonna get into different "models" of omniscience because theology is basically one big hive of confirmation bias as far as I'm concerned (shocker, I know). Tongue But yeah, it's fundamentalists I was talking about.

I agree that there may be self-fulfilling prophecy at work; but that's not a kind of persecution. There may be an occasional case, but acting bat shit crazy and then hearing somebody tell you that you are bat shit crazy just doesn't fit the definition of the word persecution. So the only thing I'd change is to say they need to be persecuted, they act bat shit crazy, they predictably get called out on it, and then falsely label that "persecution".

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's insanity! The war on Christianity...... - GodHatesBengals - 10-14-2015, 02:23 PM