Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eiffert #2 te in league this season?
(10-14-2015, 04:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's really not saying much. After Tony McGee, we had a long line of scrubs at TE. Gresh had decent stats here, but I think that was by default really. We never really had an established #2 WR during his tenure. Now he's gone and Dalton is having his best season. Makes you wonder. 

As for the playcalling, maybe Gresh just didn't have the talent to do the things that Eifert is doing. I don't think the coaches just inexplicably figured things out after Gresh left. I think it's just that Gresh was incapable of doing the things that Eifert is doing right now. That seems far more likely to me.

Btw, Gresh has 5 catches for 51 yards in 5 games for AZ. "Sucks" is harsh, but maybe the dude just wasn't that good? Silly idea, I know.

Oh I'll definitely agree that Eifert can do things that Gresham couldn't, or at least do things Gresh can but better.

I know the guy had his issues, I just think saying "Gresham sucks" doesn't really represent exactly what he did here. He had the penalties and some fumbles, but he also produced at times and looked great for short periods. I will never say he's elite and he clearly had a LOT more potential that will likely never be put onto an NFL field, but I don't think he sucks. I also don't think what he's doing this year is indicative of his exact ability either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eiffert #2 te in league this season? - djs7685 - 10-14-2015, 04:22 PM