Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could have just one...
I am curious who the board would select if you could have just one FA position (and his name) for this season. I am not including our own guys on that list, but an outside FA.

I have been struggling with this as there seems to be a really good class of Guards in the draft, but I would have said Joe Thuney. He is young, durable, and outstanding in his position. They would have to release Miller, or move him to LG, which I don't know if he could do. Sherff is also a great option here, but also plays RG. I want Thuney as he seems so versatile. He played every position in college on the line, and he is from Centerville.

The LB class in the draft is very top-heavy, but there could be some real talent at #33 for them to select. However, LB seems (I know the %s won't back this up) to have more busts that are early selections than any other. Their position is also not as critical in today's NFL as the line, etc. I am really hoping for a long-term replacement for AJ Green at #33, so LB may have to wait until the 3rd round. Then I think of how thin we are at LB, especially speedy LBs that can cover....and I want Littleton. He is young and fast. He has dealt with Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray. He makes a lot of sense and wouldn't break the bank. Littleton would be my choice if I went LB.

The CB class is full of guys that could be upgrades over Dre, no doubt. Hard to comment as it seems most will be resigned by their current club. Nate brought up Roby, which is intriguing. Wish we still had Zimmer to coach him up.

WR- No thank you

RB- Lord, no...we don't even use the ones we have

QB- I would like to see them try to develop Dolegala...but he probably won't beat out noodle-arm Finley.

DT- There are a number available, but I would rather go with what we have and draft one in the later rounds.

S- Mixed talent out there...not sure any could push out Williams. Want to draft one, badly...there are some real playmakers in this draft.

OT- Believe it or not, I still think Hart is going to be a solid starter.

DE- Hmmmm. There is one big name that a number already shot down: Jadeveon Clowny. He fits the 3-4 scheme. He is only 27. Sure, everyone will say he won't sign here....I am not so sure. But, I think with Dunlap's age and the impact he could make on this team from the first snap, he is my choice. Yes, I would rather have him and draft a G than pay my guy Thuney. I know I would also likely lose another FA by signing him, like Eifert. I think if I had one FA I could take in this class of FA, it would be Clowney.

I would then aim for LB, G, and S as my early picks in the draft (after Burrow).

Who would you most like to have as a FA?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If you could have just one... - SHRacerX - 03-14-2020, 12:36 PM
RE: If you could have just one... - Synric - 03-14-2020, 09:30 PM
RE: If you could have just one... - Synric - 03-14-2020, 09:54 PM