Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the FA signings give us a clearer pic of the draft ?
Definitely still have a huge need at linebacker. Chances of a middle linebacker dropping to us in the second aren't great. Pulling off some sort of trade is our only hope to solve this problem this year.

We need another guard/tackle to develop and push what we have. I'd say a 3rd or 4th round pick at guard.

In the second if middle linebacker is out of the question, I'd target a safety that falls or an outside linebacker/edge player.

This is a deep crop of wideouts. We could get a good one in the 4th or 5th to develop. With Ross and AJ on the last year of deals, it's a good idea to add someone. I wouldn't use a high pick though. We have other holes we need to fill first to make us better out of the gate. I like our WR room for the upcoming year. We just need to add another promising wideout to develop and learn this year.

I'd like to add a corner at some point for depth, maybe in the 4th/5th round.

To sum up our holes: middle linebacker, edge, guard/tackle being the biggest. Safety and corner in there as well, but not immediate needs. WR needed as developmental.
In all likelihood we get an edge player or safety in the 2nd, a guard/linebacker in the 3rd, CB 4th, WR 5th (based on bpa)
We're likely still left with a huge hole at middle linebacker to be filled next year with a high pick or free agent. Maybe they can strike gold with a mid round linebacker. We'll see.

We could be a better team next year, but will still have some big needs to be filled. I'm guessing we are at least a year away from contending as our line develops and we add linebackers to solve that problem.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the FA signings give us a clearer pic of the draft ? - Bengalstripes9 - 03-18-2020, 06:18 PM