Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will Dalton go? Place your bets...
(03-19-2020, 08:02 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I think that was more of a fake news rumor, but it does seem to make sense as one of the only ways NE could get Dalton. They dont have much cap, so they would need to unload more salary, and possibly get Dalton to restructure. As unlikely as it is, it seems like a player for player trade with some salary negotiating may be the only way to work a trade with them. NE lost some guys so they need draft picks to rebuild. BB has eluded that NE and the Bengals have dealt with each other very well in past trade deals, and he has also said he likes Dalton. So maybe this will prove to be where there is smoke there is fire kind of thing, but it is probably more likely to be a fan fantasy kind of thing lol.

It may be us giving up a late round pick to trade Dalton for Wynn. What is Wynn's value to us vs Dalton's value to them? Would we give up Dalton and a 5th or 6th for Wynn or would we want Wynn and a late pick for Dalton? Still think its fan speculation but its fun to think about.

Good point, and good questions. Honestly? I know we've been thinking about what we could get in return for Dalton, and we've been thinking of it in terms of draft picks. But we could think about it in terms of trading him for something we really need, and to get that we might need to give more than just him. I don't know if Wynne has shown enough to be worth Dalton, let alone Dalton AND a pick. I know I was really high on him coming out of college. What's he done in NE? I know he's been hurt alot.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where will Dalton go? Place your bets... - BURROWorBUST - 03-19-2020, 12:20 PM