Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
(03-19-2020, 11:09 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Agree mostly, but he did tolerate Aaron Hernandez, and Gronk for quite some time. That's not that far of a jump from stone to stone.

True, but that's a different position too. I guarantee Bill's number one evaluation when it comes to quarterbacks is intelligence. Cam is athletically gifted, and really a good QB when healthy. But I just don't think he's wired right to handle everything Bill and co. throw at him. He has an injury history as well. I just don't see it. But hey, you never know what's going to happen in today's world. Strange things are happening all the time.

I don't think Dalton is as smart as Burrow. Nor does he have the pocket awareness or vision of Tom Brady. But he's the best option out there right now to fit what I think Bill wants in a QB. He's proven when he has protection and good weapons that he can put up pro-bowl numbers. He's smart. He's accurate. He's been a top 15 QB in this league most of his career. 

He's the perfect bridge QB until they find a new dynasty QB. Heck, he could even be highly successful, like he was in 2015. Cam has already peaked. With better coaching I think Dalton could do better than he has. 

If things don't work out, they can just blame Dalton too, and try again with a new QB. The Pats are not who they were though. They were much more talented in the early 2000s. How they won the last few super bowls is a testament to their coaching and Brady.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - Bengalstripes9 - 03-19-2020, 11:34 PM