Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post First Wave of FA Draft - CJD
(03-19-2020, 11:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I keep changing my mind about 33. One day I'm dead set on WR, next day I want OL, next LB.

If, big if IMHO, AJ can stay on the field, Ross can as well and calm down or whatever he needs to do. Tate can benefit from more accurate passes, Boyd should be good. We could go best OL or LB that falls.

Our group of receivers just worry me. So I'll probably keep spinning.

It's tough. Ultimately, I think we can't go wrong no matter what way we go with 33. The key is getting value at the pick.

In this particular draft, Josh Jones was gone at 33 so I could take Niang, Cleveland, Wilson or Jackson at 33 or I could take Reagor.

There was a run on the elite WRs in the first round with Mims, Higgins and Aiyuk already gone, so I didn't want to risk waiting until the third and missing out on all the day 1 impact receivers. Whereas there were still the four OTs above, and also Prince Tega Wanogho still there.

I could have gone Cesar Ruiz as well, but guards are usually lower priority for me, as you can get day 1 starters at guard on the third day often times.

For LB, both Queen and Murray were gone, so I wasn't going to go LB. I don't know if Baun was there, because First pick lists Baun as an edge rusher, not LB, but ultimately, the value wasn't there for me.

So that left WR and Reagor is a really good player.

I think BPA is the way to go between all those positions at 33. Get a day 1 starter (with the exception of WR, which will be a year 2 starter, just due to depth) and we're good to go.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Post First Wave of FA Draft - CJD - CJD - 03-19-2020, 09:27 PM
RE: Post First Wave of FA Draft - CJD - CJD - 03-19-2020, 11:50 PM