Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post First Wave of FA Draft - CJD
(03-19-2020, 10:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love this, getting a little late but this looks like a great mock to me right now.

Will come back and check this out in the morning.

I need to study up more on Reagor but I LOVE the rest of the picks in this Draft.

I am a big Shenault and Mims fan at 33.

Mims really worries me because he's basically an off season warrior. Here's what a scout recently said about him:
Quote:Denzel Mims, Baylor (6-3, 207): A three-year starter with 28 touchdowns. “I would have thought no way in the world just watching him on tape and now he’s top 50,” one scout said. “He’s a big guy and ran fast. You see he’s got savvy, hands, good route runner. Kind of a limited route tree at Baylor. Just kind of a catch-and-get-tackled guy. You didn’t see the deep speed.” Had a big week at the Senior Bowl, especially in the red zone, and then ran 4.38 seconds in the 40. His arms measured 33 7/8 inches. “He has strength and hands but I don’t think he’s anything special,” another scout said. “In the Big 12 Championship Game, Parnell Motley (of Oklahoma) totally shut him down and he’s a late-round pick. He’s a guy that makes the possession catches.”
https://theathletic.com/1665631/2020/03/17/mcginn-scouts-size-up-their-top-prospects-on-offense/

A largely negative response from those scouts, as they don't feel his tape matches his workouts and Senior bowl performance.

Incidentally, the same reason I am super skeptical of Chase Claypool.
I generally don't like prospects that, after the last snap of football, people are like "eh, he's alright." and then after the combine they're like "this guy is a star."

Those players make no sense to me and really make me question the process.

Shenault is a guy that I LOVE. He is the kind of weapon a smart QB like Burrow could use to cause havoc.

But I hate his injury history. He is the very definition of boom or bust.

My ideal receiver at 33 is Tee Higgins, but if he isn't available, Reagor is a very nice consolation prize, in my opinion.

As that same article says:
Quote:Jalen Reagor, TCU (5-10 1/2, 206): He averaged 15.2 receiving yards, 9.3 rushing yards, 17.8 punt return yards and 24.2 kickoff return yards. “Holy (cow), he’s exciting,” one scout said. “He was one of the guys I got most excited about. He’s an explosive playmaker.” His father, Montae, was a second-round draft choice in 1999 who started 46 of 99 games for three teams as a defensive tackle. “He is as explosive a receiver as I saw this year,” another scout said. “I haven’t seen a better punt returner, either.” Ran 4.46 seconds in the 40. Said a third scout: “I thought he was the most explosive route runner on tape. He’ll go up over people with bodies around. Little bit raw. Strong hands, but a lot of easy drops. You’re always going to have to deal with drops with him but he is a playmaker.”

the drops are always concerning, but the play making ability is awfully enticing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Post First Wave of FA Draft - CJD - CJD - 03-19-2020, 09:27 PM
RE: Post First Wave of FA Draft - CJD - CJD - 03-19-2020, 11:58 PM