Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
(03-20-2020, 12:24 AM)McC Wrote: It's not just Cam.  It's anybody.  They will be having a different QB this year and that is a fact.  As of right now, Stidham is the only guy who knows the master offense that struggled to even score last year.  If he's the guy then all this talk means nothing.

Don't forget.  They also have to pull some weapons out of their ass too.  If Brady looked like hell with the weapons they have, just what is Stidham or a new QB with no time to grasp the ungraspable offense gonna look like?  I think I can gleefully say the patriots ain't winning jack shit this year.

Bill lost to three teams with athletic offenses and Fitz, who can do some damage with his legs and almost lost to a fourth.   You think he didn't take note of that?  You run the same offense for twenty years, the idea of switching it up doesn't seem so far fetched.

Oh i totally agree. The pats offense needs weapons desperately. But have you watched that offense evolve over the years? A more traditional offense when they won their first super bowls, then they try to add moss, then built around the slot receiver welker. Then they switch it up and go to 2 tight end sets with gronk and hernandez, then lately what they did with edelman, amendola and gronk.

Their system will evolve. They need more weapons. With all the weapons available in the draft i bet bill has a creative way to evolve again this year.

I just dont think an aging mobile qb with injury issues is the way forward.
Most coaches shy away from that approach bc the success can’t be sustained as long due to injury risk.

I hope the pats suck this year but i wouldnt bet against them. If they do tank this year they’ll come back better then ever.

I do think bill learned from getting beat by mobile qbs. I bet he’ll adjust his defense. But i dont think he’d reshape his offense with an old and injured mobile qb. It would have to be a young one if he wanted to give it a shot. But again, odds are it wouldnt last long due to injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - Bengalstripes9 - 03-20-2020, 12:41 AM