Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post First Wave of FA Draft - CJD
(03-20-2020, 12:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea...I just don't really put too much stock in off season workouts, tbh. There have been many a prospect that has dropped down boards due to combine or pro day workouts that have gone on to be steals in the NFL.

And there's even more players who have come in with no profile and had a great combine and went on to be overdrafted and then do nothing in the NFL.

I don't mind if a player goes from a 2nd round pick to a 1st round pick due to the draft, like Jefferson will (even though his tape does not indicate 4.4 speed). But players that go from third/fourth rounder to first round pick like Denzel Mims are very dangerous in my opinion.

Tee Higgins has the pedigree, the hands, the size and the production to make me feel very comfortable taking him at 33. He had a solid 20 yard shuttle of 4.25 (would have been 6th at the combine among WOs) and he looked good running routes and catching the ball at his pro day. No one expected him to run a 4.4, so running in the 4.5s doesn't hurt him, in my eyes. AJ Green ran in the 4.5s after all.

If Higgins below average 10 yard split and VJ get him to drop to 33, I consider that a win :)

He had a 4.53 short shuttle. He is slow off the line that shows on tape. Off season numbers are about hitting benchmarks and a 1.66 10 yard split is horrendous along with a 31 vert shows very little explosion. 

That's the difference playing at Clemson teams like that push players up while guys like Denzel Mims at Baylor have to claw their way up. Mims showed similar production as Higgins with alot worse QB play and hits well above average benchmarks. He also put on a show in the Senior Bowl when Higgins got in front of scouts he looked bad...

But to each their own I guess.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Post First Wave of FA Draft - CJD - CJD - 03-19-2020, 09:27 PM
RE: Post First Wave of FA Draft - CJD - Synric - 03-20-2020, 12:53 PM