Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post First Wave of FA Draft - CJD
(03-20-2020, 12:53 PM)Synric Wrote: He had a 4.53 short shuttle. He is slow off the line that shows on tape. Off season numbers are about hitting benchmarks and a 1.66 10 yard split is horrendous along with a 31 vert shows very little explosion. 

That's the difference playing at Clemson teams like that push players up while guys like Denzel Mims at Baylor have to claw their way up. Mims showed similar production as Higgins with alot worse QB play and hits well above average benchmarks. He also put on a show in the Senior Bowl when Higgins got in front of scouts he looked bad...

But to each their own I guess.

I'm not a professional scout.
I'm just saying players who are highly regarded coming out of college and have an average or rough combine generally succeed at a higher clip than relative unknowns who were mid round picks coming out of college who had a great off season to go onto being first round picks.

If the Bengals draft Mims over Higgins, I will be 100% behind him and cheer him on. The key is trusting the Bengals evaluators (which is a little difficult after the Sample pick but...everyone gets a mulligan).
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Post First Wave of FA Draft - CJD - CJD - 03-19-2020, 09:27 PM
RE: Post First Wave of FA Draft - CJD - CJD - 03-20-2020, 12:56 PM