Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
(03-22-2020, 12:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The way I see it is I'm trashing the coaching and front office and you are trashing Dalton.  That's the extreme version, but we've both got our gripes.

I try to stay a bit more centered (or at least I think so), because recalling some of us declaring Jeremy Hill to be better than Corey Dillion and giving Hill the ball being the main thing that would drag our franchise out of the pit before declaring him to be THE reason we lost in 2015 etc, is just fandom fun at it's best. ZT and 2019 was supposed to revitalize Dalton's career and yet here we are hoping that it was Dalton dragging our offense down...well, that's the simplified version but you know.

I hope for the best, but it's hard for me to not see a very real possibility that we spend the next offseason getting pumped over what Burrow will finally be able to do in a non-ZT system.

Well, I’ve been up and down on Dalton here over the years. My very first thread I started was a pro Dalton thread believe it or not. I can link it if you don’t believe me. He had me fooled after 2015. Which was obviously an outlier. But opinions change. Players level of play change. Sports are not static.

I have never blamed everything entirely on Dalton though. He just gets a lot of it from me for his horrendous playoff games, and inability to get some pretty good teams over the hump. Maybe that’s unfair, but QB is the most important position. It’s really that simple. There’s no doubt in my mind we have at least a handful of playoff wins with a better QB. Hell, AJ freaking McCarron almost had one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - Nicomo Cosca - 03-22-2020, 01:22 PM