Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots Not Considering Dalton
(03-22-2020, 04:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Daryl Williams could be a really good pickup.  He was firmly established on the Panther OL before the MCL cost him all but one game of 2018.  He seems to have recovered, as he played in all 16 games this season, starting 12 of them.

Williams is coming off of his rookie deal, so he is likely looking for a long term deal.  Bobby Hart is coming into the 2nd year of his 3 year deal, and would count $2M in dead cap to get rid of.  The team seems to love Hart's upside of being a "work in progress" that is still only 25 y/o and now having 5 years of experience as a pro.  

Fans like us can easily see that Williams is clearly the better talent of the two, but getting rid of Hart seems to be a hard sell to the team.

Edit:  I realize that this is, yet another, Andy Dalton thread, and that a few of us have drifted way off topic in this thread about Andy Dalton.  However with all things related to the team being somewhat interdependent upon other actions taking place right now, I kind of feel like we can be excused for this minor atrocity.

Lot of stuff goes hand and hand with what happens with Dalton, so it makes it all understandable.

(03-22-2020, 04:44 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Looks like we were posting about this at the same time. Agreed that Hoyer is backup calibre, but a move I don't think they make if they were figuring on Dalton. It may really be that Belichick knows he's rebuilding anyway, so he wants to use his resources to surround whomever plays QB with talent. 

I also agree they've done Dalton wrong. Not just cutting him, but cutting him when most of the starting jobs are spoken for. 

Should of taken whatever they could of gotten for both Dalton and the team's sake.

Not act like all we will take is a 2nd rounder for a QB that would not be here anyways.

Thought they did great in FA before this. This is doing Dalton and the team a disservice IMO.

But they haven't cut Dalton yet so we will see how this ends up. Just not happy with the way it is looking.

(03-22-2020, 04:46 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I was thinking of Williams at RG, but a guy who can slide out to tackle in an emergency. He played a lot of guard this year in Carolina. 

Sua-Filo would then compete with Jordan at LG, and is making back up salary anyway. 

Would like this, Daryl Williams at RG and as emergency and having Jordan and XSF fight it out at LG.

XSF has played LG way more than RG anyways.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 02:50 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 02:58 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 12:26 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 06:48 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 06:41 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-22-2020, 05:00 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 08:08 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 08:37 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-23-2020, 01:16 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-23-2020, 02:23 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-24-2020, 12:24 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-24-2020, 01:35 PM