Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
(03-22-2020, 07:38 PM)McC Wrote: Do we even know they weren't aggressively trying but there just weren't any takers?  If you look back at what teams might have been interested, who might there have been?  Pittsburgh is the only one I can think of.  And who knows Andy better than them?  When's the last time he beat them?

I disagree on not letting Dalton play again.  I can't imagine anyone in the building would have wanted to go 0-16 and if Finley kept playing, not only would he have been permanently broken, if he isn't already, they almost surely have not won a single game and that would have been devastating to everybody.  Not that winning only two was any great shakes but at least it gave some level of hope going into the off season.  Plus, having him win those two at least potentially raised his value a little.

I'd agree Dalton's trade value is low if not nil at this point.  With that being said, he should have demanded a trade after the 2015 when he was showing MVP flashes and we were promoting a total bum like Ken Zampese to be the OC.  You could take a time machine back to the off-season going into 2016 and tell Dalton that he has peaked and the next slew of Bengals coaches are going to help him fall off the cliff.

Dalton gets to be a starter and we could have unloaded him for a 1st I bet.  The Vikings traded a 1st for Bradford and the Redskins traded a 3rd and a player for Alex Smith (plus the Gruden connection).  Yeah yeah, hindsight is 20/20 but it is interesting how Dalton was at his max value after 2015 and we held onto him and saddled him with lousy coaching to help his collapse.

Dalton is the first franchise QB of the Mike Brown era to not demand a trade and it looks like we've missed the boat.  Such is life.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - Nately120 - 03-22-2020, 08:14 PM