Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun shop found liable in shooting of two...
(10-15-2015, 01:09 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Anybody have any new info on as to why he was stopped.  Yes it matters.

They said it in the article, he was stopped for riding his bike on the sidewalk. The fact people don't want to accept that as the reason shows their is a prejudice against white cops anytime they are dealing with a black citizen. When I was younger I was pulled over for accelerating out of my neighborhood quickly. I didn't speed and didn't break the law it just seemed suspicious. Cop asked me what I was doing, I explained and I went my way. Another time I was pulled over in downtown Columbus at night. The cop pulled me over because I was driving slowly (I was lost) and he wanted to see if I was trying to buy drugs. In both of these cases I was white and pulled over for no other reason than they thought something was up, the fact this person was in fact breaking a law gave them ample reason to stop him.

If people don't want a law enforced don't put it on the books, if you do then don't play the race card when it is enforced. Maybe these guys stopped 5 other white bike riders that day? No one knows, but to instantly try and make this about race is part of the issue going on in the policing community relations dynamic. The fact multiple people act like breaking a law isn't reason to stop someone,not ticket and not arrest them but simply stop them, shows how screwed up things have gotten.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gun shop found liable in shooting of two... - Au165 - 10-15-2015, 03:00 PM