Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun shop found liable in shooting of two...
(10-15-2015, 03:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: I got pulled over by the local cop one morning on the way to work.  It was 4:30am and I kind of slid through the stop sign and he happened to be parked in the next parking lot.  I explained who I was, that I lived on the street I just left, and where I was going.   They had had some vandalism on the road and were keeping an eye out for cars leaving in a hurry.

No fuss no muss.

But I'm white so I can't say if a cop would treat a black person differently in a different neighborhood at a different time.

Like this guy:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/2015/10/15/man-perfectly-responds-to-police-questioning-for-jogging-while-black.html

Not saying all cops are racist or all cops are anything.  Clearly one cop in the above story was aware and did things the right way.  The other?  He's one of those types that leads to more stories and to more friction between whites and black in general.

Edit:  Here is the place I first read it that explains the second officer who handled things much better.

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/15/where_you_been_running_from_watch_officers_try_to_detain_alabama_man_for_jogging_at_night_while_black/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Completely understand. My issue is simply that there has been no questioning by media, or by the kid who got stopped, about the officers improperly stopping him. I just don't understand why that is the first thing people gravitate to, actually I do and it is part of the issue. Yes, some cops are prejudice (won't say racist as, that is actually misused in most cases by definition), but it is also a prejudice to assume that every cop who stops a black citizen and is white is doing it because they are black.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gun shop found liable in shooting of two... - Au165 - 10-15-2015, 04:10 PM