Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow
Dalton's "legacy" (if you want to call it that) will be as a middle of the pack starting QB who held down the fort for 9 seasons and had some good moments and some not so good. Not many of his defenders have strayed very far from this at any point over the last near-decade.

There's no reason to trash him now or revise history by saying he was always trash, etc. I for one have never been against upgrading the QB position. Problem is, for much of Dalton's career, we were picking in the late 20's. This is the first opportunity we've had to take a guy that looks like a sure-fire prospect, and I'm 100% on board. Just as I was with signing Peyton Manning when he was a free agent.

A lot of people on here had a tendency to want Dalton replaced when it made zero sense to do so or we weren't in a great position to do so. Those same people often exaggerate how bad Dalton is/was. Those people never thought Dalton was a middling QB and thought he was a CFL level QB or wanted to replace him with the likes of McCarron or Tyrod Taylor.

To sum it up, replacing Dalton with a magical "elite QB" always sounded nice, but some people on here acted like you could just pick one from a tree. Reality is that we're extremely fortunate to be in the position we're in right now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow - Shake n Blake - 03-28-2020, 01:22 AM