Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow
(03-27-2020, 07:03 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I agree that Dalton has never been able to carry a team on his own. He's no Russell Wilson.

I've defended Dalton in the past, but it's really hard to after the past few years. I still maintain that he's a good QB when he has a good team around him. He's accurate. He's somewhat mobile. He has good vision. He's proven he can win more than lose.

But... he has not and never will be an elite QB because of the reasons outlined in this thread. His pocket awareness is not good--I would argue it's average. He gets rattled when things break down. He doesn't have elite vision. He doesn't have elite arm strength--which has shown on his Hail Mary throws.

I think his accuracy has been pretty good on short, medium and deep routes though. His deep ball has gotten better over time. That said, he's been inconsistent and thrown costly interceptions.

There's always been a yeah, but with Dalton.

Burrow clearly has elite traits and will elevate this team. I'm excited to have him.

But I'm grateful for what Andy has done as well. He did very well as a 2nd round pick. I feel bad for the guy, but that's life.

Dalton can't be having a good year. He get's benched at the end of last year on his birthday (start of the year in my book). Over time he realizes his team will be drafting his replacement with the number 1 pick. The free agency market proves that he has very little trade value, meaning he will likely have to take a pay cut. He now has to come to terms with quite possibly not having a starting gig next year. To top it off, he just started a restaurant and it can't be doing too well with this Carona-virus. Ouch. Not a good year so far. Wish him well. He's a good guy.
You guys crack me up...And I am not defending Dalton necessarily but you are comparing years of watching Dalton compared to some highlight clips of Burrow, even just a few games maybe...And I am not bashing Burrow here but he has not taken one snap in the NFL, none of you have a clue of how he will react under the lights and on the big stage!!   I am sure that if you go and look at Dalton's tape from his senior year you will see the same attributes from him, as a matter of fact if you go watch the Rose Bowl when he beat Russell Wilson and Wisconsin you will see these same attributes.  You guys are making Burrow into a GOD before he even gets on an NFL field.  I hope is the next coming but do not be surprised if/when he struggles against the big boys.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow - spazz70 - 03-28-2020, 09:51 AM