Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow
I have to chuckle at the Bengal fan mentality.

So much bad shit has happened over the years that we must never allow ourselves to go all in on any celebration and we must be absolutely certain to never fully enjoy anything cuz something bad just has to be right around the corner.

Maybe if we sit around warning each other over and over again not to be too happy, when the next bad thing happens, we'll be ready for it and it won't hurt so bad.

Well, I'm here to tell you, folks, it doesn't work that way. Life doesn't work that way. Preparing for the hurt will in no way ease the pain.
You have to take your happy days when they come around and there is no such thing as hedging your bets against disappointment.

So, can we please agree that we've been sufficiently warned that as good as Joe Burrows appears to be, there is no guarantee it will translate to the next level and that we may indeed once again be disappointed?

If I promise not to go too all in, will people please stop cautioning me to expect the worst? I swear I'll only be a little excited about the future like a truly aware Bengal fan should be. I swear.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow - McC - 03-28-2020, 12:38 PM