Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow
(03-28-2020, 09:51 AM)spazz70 Wrote: You guys crack me up...And I am not defending Dalton necessarily but you are comparing years of watching Dalton compared to some highlight clips of Burrow, even just a few games maybe...And I am not bashing Burrow here but he has not taken one snap in the NFL, none of you have a clue of how he will react under the lights and on the big stage!!   I am sure that if you go and look at Dalton's tape from his senior year you will see the same attributes from him, as a matter of fact if you go watch the Rose Bowl when he beat Russell Wilson and Wisconsin you will see these same attributes.  You guys are making Burrow into a GOD before he even gets on an NFL field.  I hope is the next coming but do not be surprised if/when he struggles against the big boys.

(03-28-2020, 10:48 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What are your criteria for a successful rookie season for Joe Burrow? 

In my post i stated i didnt expect greatness out of the gate. I expect something like Peyton Manning’s first year or Andy Dalton’s.

I watched the rose bowl where Dalton won the game. That was a big reason i wanted us to draft him in the second round. Dalton didnt do what Burrow did though. He didnt have a 10:1 Td to Int ratio. He didnt beat all the best teams in the Sec. Hr didnt win a national championship against elite talent.

if you cant get hyped about Burrows potential in the Nfl, thats cool. Just know i never said he’s gunna be the next Mahomes; I am saying i wouldnt be surprised. He’s got elite intangibles and enormous potential. I definitely could see him struggling out of the gae—as ive said before—because of a likely shortened offseason and bc it takes time to adjust to the pro game and develop chemistry with the team. But yes, i am excited about the prospect of drafting him. Why wouldnt i be? I still have not heard a legit reason not to be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow - Bengalstripes9 - 03-28-2020, 01:01 PM