Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow
(03-28-2020, 04:06 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Never once argued what he showed on the field in college...go look...not once.  I did however question his one year rise after being in college for 4 years.  I did question him not being able to win the starting gig at OSU.  I did question the team talent surrounding him and how much his performance was because of that.  I did question if he has hit his ceiling.  I did question how a 3 star HS prospect and a 4-5th round pro prospect prior to this season shoots to the number one overall pick.  These are all legitimate questions with no definitive answer.

Again, I hope he comes here and lights the world on fire.  I know that everyone hopes for this. There is no denying his talent, his mental abilities, his accuracy and leadership that he showed in college.  However there are questions that cannot be answered until he hits the field. 
How did he not win the starting job at OSU?  Looking back, it looks a lot more like their stupidity than his not being qualified.  

You talk about the team around him as if that diminishes him, then in practically the next breath, you prop up AJM having won two titles when he clearly wasn't nearly the best player on that team, like that somehow also diminishes Burrow.

And then somewhere in there, the question of why UC fans should be OSU fans somehow shows up out of left field.

The field on which this is being discussed would be a tough one to run, what with all the goalposts holes all over it.  A guy could break an ankle.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow - McC - 03-28-2020, 04:14 PM