Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just got out of the hospital
Thanks..I am recovering although a bit slower than the last stent 10 years ago. Blood thinners really kick my ass more than for most people I guess. I've been really dizzy the past day and a half. I now have to watch my blood pressure that was never a big deal for me, but is now and I'm having to figure out a way to quit smoking. I've always had an addictive personality, been through years of alcoholism, heroin addiction etc. Cigarettes are the only one I haven't been able to kick yet..but at least I've kept them down to less than half a pack ..and yes..I know I have to quit for good. 
Strange part is I don't even think about smoking while in the hospital or even *caugh caugh* jail.. Maybe I'll go get myself arrested.. On second thought I think I'll just quit smoking.  My kids were in tears so I don't want to put them through something I can control..not to mention I love the old woman too. They kind of count on me for a lot and I want to keep it that way for awhile.  It's been really tough on my son. My father passed away a few weeks ago when my son showed up a few days before then I went and had a heart attack a few weeks later. He's been through his own self imposed hell with his own drinking problems.  Maybe I can help him find a way out along with myself. He deserves a better life. He's a good kid and I let him down when he was growing up. Time for it to all change starting now. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I just got out of the hospital - grampahol - 03-31-2020, 09:32 PM
RE: I just got out of the hospital - grampahol - 04-02-2020, 02:25 AM