Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Gresham be doing the same thing Eifert is if he had this years' Andy?
(10-16-2015, 08:45 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Gresham is nowhere near the athlete or football player Eifert is. Tyler is fluid, with excellent hands, quickness, and speed. He also uses his body to block out defenders from the ball so well. He has also turned into a fine blocker and dependable person to have on the field.

Eifert is in a different league of player than Gresham. Gresham's career high for TDs in a season is 6. Tyler has 5 (should be 6 if it weren't for that TD catch called back) after only 5 games in 2015. To blame Andy Dalton for any of Gresham's failings in Cincy doesn't pass the smell test. Marvin Jones had 10 TDs and did fine one season with Andy. AJ Green has done even better than that. So, to put it out there like... "Wow, what would Gresh do with THIS AD and THIS offense" doesn't make sense.
Realistically, I would guess Gresh would be watching Tyler spike the ball and blocking for him. Probably have 1 TD and 100 yards or something.

I do agree with all of the bold, but I definitely think Hue would have cooked up something spicy with 2 TE sets and Gresh would be good for something like a 30-350-4 statline in this type of offense. Now, I don't know if his injuries are an issue this year, because that would obviously change things, but I'd have loved to see Eifert and Gresham together again ala 2013, with Eifert obviously improved after getting some NFL experience.

This team already has a ton of weapons, so it makes the whole 2 TE dream being crushed not so bad, but it would have been cool to see that type of offense with Andy looking better than ever. I'm hoping Kroft gets to the point where we can see some dual TE stuff in the future.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would Gresham be doing the same thing Eifert is if he had this years' Andy? - djs7685 - 10-16-2015, 08:52 AM