Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atkins makes 2010s all-decade roster
(04-06-2020, 05:45 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Blinded by Fandom?
The article has him as the 2nd highest Snub behind Drew freaking Brees! HOFer.....And, this is without AJ playing the last year and a half!

Did you see what happened to the Bengals offense without their best player on it last year or were you blinded by something??

Do you remember 2 years ago, before he injured his toe at the end of the TB game, through 9 games, he was leading the league or Top 3 to 5 in every category? He at least won 3 of the games for them with his MVP type play. And, did you see what happened after he left for good?
He had 46 catches, for 700 yds and 6 TDs with 7 games to go.

Teams have had to double cover AJ ever since he was a rookie. He's been the thorn in Harbaugh's side for years and he's admitted they haven't been able to ever stop AJ....Until the last 3 games against them when he's been injured.

I would bet that if you asked Harbaugh if he should be a HOF candidate, he'd say yes, of course. He's ripped apart their team for years.

So, if he makes it through next year healthy, with over 70 catches, 1,000 yds and 10 TD's, and having to be double covered most of the time, how will you feel about him then?

You mean the 2016 season where I literally said on the first page of this very thread that if not hurt he probably leads the league and it completely changes his narrative? In regards to the rest of your post - almost all great number 1 WR get doubled. Calvin, Brown, Julio, Hopkins, Thomas, Hill...they're all doubled. 

(04-06-2020, 05:22 PM)McC Wrote: I don't argue any of that.  Just stop using it as an argument against whether or not he is a HOF talent, which is what you did and stop the bullshit that he is overrated by Bengal fans.  Makes you sound like A)a Steeler fan or B) a trolling dick.

Where have I said he's not a HOF talent? He's a great player who has put of good stats but isn't close to the HOF yet. The HOF doesn't care about what could of been. They care about what numbers you actually put up and then how you did in the post season. AJ has done nothing in the post season and against his peers he has put up good numbers but never top numbers. People here literally act like he's a lock. He's very much on the outside looking in and has ALOT of work to do to make it. If that makes me a hater whatever but you're slow if you think he's in or close to in with his production at this point in his career. 

8 years into their career Chad Johnson has had the better career (for their era) and hasn't even sniffed the Hall.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atkins makes 2010s all-decade roster - TheSweetness - 04-06-2020, 06:08 PM