Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's insanity! The war on Christianity......
(10-16-2015, 09:25 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I just find it absurd that it's commonly accepted for people to pick and choose which parts of the book we're allowed to take literally, and make arguments based off of their own interpretations which essentially allow them to make the rules as they go.

Meh, it's tough to understand why people go to such lengths to show how "faithful" they are. Instead of just admitting that they disagree with something in the book, they have to make the claim that certain parts aren't to be taken seriously. I know some good Christians and I know some that remind me of guys on here that seem to be Christians simply to fit in with the rest of their superiority complex.

Quite frankly, I disagree with anyone that attempts to use the Bible to judge others in any way, which is really what many people do when they pick and choose (outside of YEC or other such things). Point blank, we are all sinners. Through God's grace via the death and resurrection of Jesus we are forgiven of our sins because with God, all things are possible. The rest, everything else, is nit picking. It is disagreement over some of the silliest things. Love God, love your neighbor as yourself. Pretty simple. The other details I wouldn't say can be dismissed, but they aren't what's important about the faith.

The OT is often relied on heavily by some, or it is dismissed by others. The reason I see for keeping the OT around is not because it is something we should be looking at for laws or to understand the world, but to understand where Jesus came from. The society, the history, who he and his people were. Without the OT there is no NT. You need to OT to understand the NT because of the references made and the culture that exists there (and for Psalms, that's some beautiful stuff in some of those).

Trying to focus on the law of the OT and all of those details is just going to result in not having a good time.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's insanity! The war on Christianity...... - Belsnickel - 10-16-2015, 09:55 AM