Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's insanity! The war on Christianity......
(10-16-2015, 10:01 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: As somebody raised Baptist, I have spoken to many Baptist pastors throughout my life. I found that literally all of their "explanations" were either begging the question or subtle warnings to stop thinking and start accepting.

(10-16-2015, 10:16 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: That's pretty much why I left the religion.  They would prefer if you didn't ask a lot of questions.  

I wish you all could have interacted with some of the people I have with regards to all of this. Our pastors encourage these questions. The members do as well. We have an adult Sunday school class that is a blast with the discussions of scripture. It is lead by the VP of Student Affairs here at my university. It has a wide range of folks, conservative to liberal (including one former nun who is probably the most liberal in the group) that love to question things and get into these debates.

There is a place for questioning these things, for debate and intellectualism in the faith. But poor experiences turn people away so they will never find that out.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's insanity! The war on Christianity...... - Belsnickel - 10-16-2015, 10:26 AM