Poll: Who do you want The Bengals to take at #33?
Laviska Shenault-WR Col
Austin Jackson--OT---USC
Justin Jefferson--WR--LSU
Zach Baun--LB--Wisconsin
Patrick Queen--LB--LSU
Curtis Weaver--LB--BSU
Kenneth Murray--LB--OKL
Isaiah Wilson--RT--Georgia
Denzel Mims--WR--Baylor
Cesar Ruiz--C/G--Michigan
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoard's Interview has 10 Prospects at #33....
(04-07-2020, 11:35 PM)McC Wrote: A lot of people see him going in the first.  For some reason, I get several mocks a day sent to my phone.  My informal survey of the many I've seen says that the overriding thought seems to be he'll go in the first. 

A WR making the jump from college to pro comes down to four things--

Is he tough?   Can he get open?  Can he catch?  Will he work his ass off?

There's a fifth question but it's the same one for all players and that is can he stay on the field?

I don't know how hard Jefferson works, so I won't even attempt that one.

From what I saw in maybe five of his games last year, he took big hits and got up, he got open and he caught the hell out of the ball.

Don't know anything about off the field, but on the field,  he sure looks like the real deal.

I'm just wondering what you don't like about him.  The only possible issue I see is that he's been a slot receiver.

I think Jefferson is a good prospect.  However, this WR class is insanely stacked.  The main reason I don't like him for us is that he's going to be a slot WR in the NFL and we already have one of the best slot WR's in the league with Boyd.  We need an outside WR who's got the potential to be a #1, and Jefferson isn't that.  He had trouble getting separation outside in college and was bailed out in that role by some insane ball placement by Burrow a good chunk of the time.  I think he will have a very good career as a #2 in the slot.  He's just not an outside #1.  Now, in a normal class, I think he's a late 1st/early 2nd rounder, but he's probably a 3rd round guy in this class.  There's just too many outside WR's with big boy production and more upside in this class.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hoard's Interview has 10 Prospects at #33.... - Whatever - 04-08-2020, 12:23 AM