Poll: Who do you want The Bengals to take at #33?
Laviska Shenault-WR Col
Austin Jackson--OT---USC
Justin Jefferson--WR--LSU
Zach Baun--LB--Wisconsin
Patrick Queen--LB--LSU
Curtis Weaver--LB--BSU
Kenneth Murray--LB--OKL
Isaiah Wilson--RT--Georgia
Denzel Mims--WR--Baylor
Cesar Ruiz--C/G--Michigan
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoard's Interview has 10 Prospects at #33....
(04-08-2020, 12:23 AM)Whatever Wrote: I think Jefferson is a good prospect.  However, this WR class is insanely stacked.  The main reason I don't like him for us is that he's going to be a slot WR in the NFL and we already have one of the best slot WR's in the league with Boyd.  We need an outside WR who's got the potential to be a #1, and Jefferson isn't that.  He had trouble getting separation outside in college and was bailed out in that role by some insane ball placement by Burrow a good chunk of the time.  I think he will have a very good career as a #2 in the slot.  He's just not an outside #1.  Now, in a normal class, I think he's a late 1st/early 2nd rounder, but he's probably a 3rd round guy in this class.  There's just too many outside WR's with big boy production and more upside in this class.  

A 3rd Rounder??? I don't know of any Mock Drafts who have him later than an early 2nd. Most have him going in Round 1 to Philly or someone needing a WR which are many.

I think you're a little out on your own with that thinking. Inside or Outside no matter, 11 personnel dominates the league right now and the Bengals ran it over 70% of the time. He doesn't have to be out there on Running downs but can do it. He ran every route tree under Joe Brady last year.
And, his numbers were ridiculous.
Slot or outside, if you're running 3-4 WR's out there 70% of the time, he's going to be one of them and make plays.
The thing I do agree on is that Boyd is already fantastic in the slot. But, he had to be the #1 last year and played plenty on the outside. And if you have AJ and Boyd on the outsides with Ross and Jefferson on the inside, good luck to the defense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hoard's Interview has 10 Prospects at #33.... - JerseyDD09 - 04-08-2020, 12:45 AM