Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's insanity! The war on Christianity......
(10-16-2015, 10:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i have found almost everyone i have tried to have a serious conversation with on the subject of their faith. either ends up in them using the same cookie cutter answers or trying to convert me. or completely disregaurding my thoughts or opinions as possible cause its not in some old book. PRAISE THE SUN

Yeah, I've run into that in places. This is why for a very long time I resisted any sort of organized religion. I believed in Jesus and the resurrection, I had faith, but I didn't have a home in any religion. When I found the congregation I go to now, it was revelatory. I say found, I have been living next door to them for 6 years and finally decided to try them out. LOL

But yeah, this is why when I read more into the church, read about the ELCA, and talked to some of the members I knew from here on campus, I decided this would be a good fit. We have people who admit they are unsure of the whole Jesus thing. Admit as much to the pastor, even. But they still feel welcomed and want to join us in fellowship. The first word in ELCA is Evangelical, but it definitely is not evangelical in the way we think of it today.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's insanity! The war on Christianity...... - Belsnickel - 10-16-2015, 11:06 AM